All You Need to Know about Zoom
Holding a video conference requires a stable platform. Otherwise, your virtual meeting won’t be productive and successful. Probably, you work at home, considering movement restriction. You need Zoom!
How do you hook up with your workmates?
You need the best video conferencing software, such as zoom. Being a cloud-based meeting platform allows you to enter virtual conferences through video, audio, and screen-sharing options.
Since you can’t meet in person, this platform allows for a productive “face-to-face” interaction and is ideal for individuals of all classes.
Currently, the company has 12.92 million monthly active users, which is 21% more than 2019 monthly active users.
What Is Zoom?
Zoom’s design allows you to hold a virtual meeting. The platform allows for video conferencing meetings, webinars, audio conferencing, meeting recordings, and live chat.
It is a popular tool for companies having less than 500 employees. Still, it is the most popular software after Skype for business for companies having more than 500 employees.
The platform runs on both Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Mac, though the layout looks different on the phone and desktop.
It’s free to use – download and set up your account.
The platform is also suitable for personal use—for instance, virtual viewing of movies and parties. And if your job requires virtual check-in, it is still the best option.
Common terminologies are:
- Zoom Meeting: it is a video conferencing meeting that you host using zoom. People can join the meeting using phone, in person, video conferencing camera, or via webcam, and the communication is frictionless.
- Zoom Room: it is the physical hardware set up that allows companies to schedule as well as launch zoom meetings from conference rooms. A zoom room requires an additional subscription besides the original subscription. This option is great for large companies. You need the following to set up a zoom room:
- A computer to sync and run Meetings
- A microphone, camera, and speaker
- A tablet for attendees to launch the Meetings
- 1 or 2 HDTV monitors to display remote meeting participants and screen or presentation sharing
- An HDMI cable to share computer screens on the TV display, and an internet cable to hard-wire your connection
There are four plans:
- Free tier: it allows you to hold virtual meetings with up to 100 participants. Besides, you can have unlimited 1-on-1 sessions but a max of 40 mins for multiple participants.
- Zoom’s Pro: it is suitable for a small team with one member working remotely part-time or full-time. It costs $14.99/month. It allows for the creation of personal meeting IDs for recurrent zoom meetings, cloud storage, recording on phones, and meeting last up to 24 hours.
- Business: ideal for small to medium-sized companies. The plan costs $19.99/month. Its benefits include branding meetings with vanity URLs and company branding, customer support, and cloud recording.
- Enterprise: it is ideal for larger businesses – more than 1000 employees, and costs $19.99/month. Benefits include unlimited cloud storage for recordings, customer success managers, and discounts on webinars and Zoom Rooms.
How Do You Use Zoom?
It lets you either the app or browser version, which you sign in with your email. You also can sign in using Facebook or Google.
Would you like to receive resources via your email? Confirm or set a preference.
You will receive a confirmation email, which, when you click, you Activate Account. Then complete your account creation with a strong password and name.
Launch your test meeting and check how it appears.
Zoom App Downloads
Both desktop and mobile apps are available. Desktop apps are for Windows and macOS, while the mobile app is for Android and iOS.
You do not need to sign in while using apps.
You can start a meeting, mute/unmute your mic, join a meeting, start/stop the video, share your screen in a Zoom Room by entering the meeting ID, invite others to the meeting, do in-meeting chat, change your screen name, and start a cloud recording.
Desktop users have additional features like local recording, live Facebook broadcast, and create polls, among others.
Browser extensions: this is another tool for quickly starting/scheduling a meeting. Extensions include the Chrome extension and Firefox add-on. With a simple click on the Zoom button, you can begin a session or schedule one. Outlook plugin, on the other hand, works directly in your Microsoft Outlook client or as an Add-in for Outlook on the web.
Zoom in Your Browser
Without an app, it can be challenging to join a meeting. You can use the web client link. Still, a browser extension allows you to enter a meeting straight from using your browser.
Zoom Security Issues and Updates
Zoom’s platform has had serious security concerns in the recent past – people entering a meeting without permission – Zoombombers.
However, the company has addressed this issue. For instance, removing the meeting ID from the title bar of the call. This way, users share screenshots online, and the meeting isn’t exposed to future abuse.
Zoom is efficient and easy to use. The need for virtual meetings is on the rise, with an increasing number of people working at home. The platform makes it incredibly easy to meet and discuss issues, whether on a desktop or a phone.
The software is free, but you can opt for a paid version if you own a big company.
You may want to find out: Top Video Conferencing Software | Fast and Convenience!