The dishwasher is an essential part of the modern kitchen and is one of the most important machinery that can take a lot of pain out of your life. However, conventional cabinet dishwashers are costly and need a lot of space in the kitchen. Well, there are people who can afford this piece of equipment, but there are many who can’t either because of monetary problems or basket of space-related restrictions. A countertop dishwasher can be a great solution for you if you need a space and cost-efficient dishwasher in your kitchen.
Finding the best countertop dishwashers can be a difficult task, and we know all about the difficulty that one might face while searching for a perfect dishwasher for his or her kitchen. We have carried out thorough research and compiled a list of top 10 countertop dishwashers. In order to help you in your search, we have prepared a list of the best countertop dishwashers available in the market. The buying guide that we have compiled is discussed below:
Review of Top 10 Best Countertop Dishwasher in 2022
10. Costway Countertop Dishwasher Stainless Steel 6 Place
Packed with all the features that a cabinet size dishwasher can offer this great countertop dishwasher can easily accommodate six standard place settings. All of these features make it an ideal option for medium or large families.
- Easy to use.
- Have a stainless steel interior.
- Have a silverware basket.
9. SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White
The most attractive feature of this countertop dishwasher is its six wash cycles option. You can choose from six wash cycles in order to get your silverwares and plates cleaned efficiently. Don’t be bothered that if your plates and silverwares have been through a great mess, then this dishwasher won’t be able to handle it. Believe us this dishwasher can handle the toughest mess with great ease. In order to keep everything sanitized the internal heater raises the temperature of the water up to 148 degrees.
- Makes very less sound.
- Have stainless steel interiors.
8. Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting , White
This dishwasher comes with foldable tines built in its rack. This very design improvement allows for easy loading and unloading. In order to prevent water wastage a flow meter sensor is provided that gives protection against overflows.
- Filter can be cleaned easily.
- Have six full place settings.
- Loaded with five wash cycle options.
7. SPT SD-2224DS Countertop Dishwasher with Delay Start & LED, Silver
With its generous capacity and easy to use LED display makes it one of the most attractive and feature loaded countertop dishwasher in the market. The best thing about this countertop dishwasher is that you will not have to hire any professional help for installing it. The easy to connect universal faucet adapter makes it easy to quickly connect it to any faucet.
- Comes with delay start option for continence.
- Energy and water efficiency.
6. Koldfront 6 Place Setting Portable – Black
This energy efficient black beauty can turn your dishes into glittering precious things in just one wash. This great dishwasher has been designed for holding up to 6 place settings. In addition to all this, it also has an internal water heater for giving spotless cleaning in less time and with low water consumption.
- Is easy to setup.
- Can be connected to any faucet.
- Have a compact countertop design.
5. EdgeStar DWP61ES 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher – Silver
This countertop dishwasher is an ideal option for large families also. Its capability to hold up to six place settings with plates measuring 10.5 inches diameter makes it one of the best options available in the market. It can be easily connected to any faucet as it comes with a 5 feet long water hose.
- Comes with child lock.
- Have easy to use digital control panel.
- Works great even on pans and pots.
4. Midea MDC3203DSS3A Countertop Dishwasher S Steel
If you have owned a cabinet-sized model then for sure you must be aware of tons of features that they carry. This very countertop dishwasher has all the features loaded in it that a cabinet sized dishwasher has but its cost and size is much low profile. The best thing about this model is that it is highly energy and water-efficient.
- Small size.
- Water efficient.
- Can be connected to kitchen sink easily.
3. Danby DDW611WLED – White
The very first thing people look for in a countertop dishwasher is its compatibility, efficiency and water requirement per wash. This very dishwasher can fulfill all your requirements. You will be surprised to know that it only consumes 3.1 gallons of water for a normal wash cycle and can connect to any standard sink’s faucet.
- Comes with rapid wash option.
- Have led illuminated controls.
2. SPT SD-9241W Energy Star Portable Dishwasher
With eight place settings and six wash programs, these dishwashers give tough competition to cabinet size dishwashers. In order to provide you a spacious cavity, it also features adjustable upper basket.
- Controls are easy to use.
- Contains adjustable upper basket.
- Comes with six wash programs.
1. Premium Portable Stainless Steel Electric
The best feature that placed this great countertop dishwasher on rank one was its automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser, and it’s a highly spacious cavity that can hold up to six standard place settings. It contains six wash cycles for giving the best result.
- Have six wash cycles option.
- It is water and energy-efficient.
- Have a durable stainless steel interior.
What is Countertop Dishwasher?
A countertop dishwasher, also dubbed as a moveable dishwasher, is a small dishwasher placed on a flat-like surface or a counter to that matter. Aside from that, it has similar proficiencies like the full-size dishwasher but more moveable and requires little energy to operate.
Usually, these dishwashers utilize a swift connect electric plug connected to a standard sink spout in water. They contain a drain tube at the back of its unit that gives room for drainage to take place and head to a sink directly. One significant fact to note about the countertop dishwasher is that it is space-conscious in that it uses the least amount of space in the kitchen, and hence anyone living in a small room could still work with it very well.
Aside from that, in terms of functionality, it makes use of less water and detergents used for cleaning; this reduces the expenses of water as well as the detergent used.
The difference between countertop dishwashers and dishwashers?
The greatest dissimilarity between the countertop dishwasher and the other dishwashers is the amount of dishes they can clean; the countertop can clean a few dishes within a given time, whereas the other dishwashers can clean multiple dishes.
The other dissimilarity is that the countertop dishwasher is moveable, in that it could be carried from one place to the other and be mounted on top of a flat-like surface while the other dishwashers are not moveable since they are built-in in most cases.
The other difference is the amount of water it consumes; the countertop dishwasher uses about 7.5 litres of water that is like two gallons of water, while the other dishwashers can use almost 11 litres of water that is much more than the countertop, the countertop dishwashers avoids the wastage of water which could turn out to be costly for someone who is on a tight budget. Aside from that, if anyone were washing the dishes manually, they would use a lot of water, and that is wastage that could be avoided.
Generally, the countertop dishwasher is the best altern
ative for folks who do not have a place to store the portable dishwasher when it is less needed. Mind you! It is not a good alternative for folks who have less space.
How to install countertop dishwasher
- Put the dishwasher on the countertop in a levelled manner. Please put it in a spot that is near the sink so that you can be able to drain water quickly. Pick a place that is 18 inches in height and find the screws below the dishwasher and modify them to be at level.
- Please take out the sink spout’s aerator and swap it with the one-handed to you in the moveable dishwasher’s wrapping. Link the quick-connect electric plug to the spout using pliers.
- Link the dishwasher, and water supply then attach the end of the bay hose pipe that is straight to the back of the washer and the end that is bent of the bay hose to the spout. Start tightening the two ends firmly.
- Put the drainage bay in a drainage faucet, using the U-bend plastic packaged with the washer, bend the drainage bay to a U-shape on either of the ends. Link the other side of the drainage bay to the drain port at the back of the moveable washer using the clip packaged.
- Put on the water spout. Check for any leaks in the inlet bay and the drainage bay through using hot and cold water before putting the machine in function.
- Plug the washer into a stuck outlet and put dishes in it. Observe the foremost load cautiously to confirm everything functions successfully.
What will happen when you have a countertop dishwasher in the kitchen?
- The countertop dishwasher shall use the least amount of water in the kitchen, thus saving you from unnecessary cost and wastage of water
- As the countertop dishwasher is moveable, it can also be permanently set up for some of them. However, it is not advisable to set it up permanently since misusing it could invalidate the warranty
- You can also set up the countertop dishwasher to the primary inlet of the water, but this is only possible for some models. However, there are no moveable units mainly for the permanent set up, so it is discouraged.
- Another merit of the countertop dishwasher is that it will use little space in the kitchen. Its size makes it easy to put it away and bring it back when you need to use it.
- In terms of bills, they are effectual and economical; they use the least amount of water when compared to the other washers or even just hand washing the dishes, which takes up a lot of water and makes bills go up.
- In terms of wash cycles, they are the same as the other washers. Moveable dishwashers might as well rinse the dishes automatically.
Tips and Tricks on how to clean your countertop dishwasher
Take out the hard water forming up inside the dishwasher.
This is because hard water infiltrates through residues of calcium as well as magnesium-bearing minerals like limestone and dolomite
Disinfect the dishwasher
Use bleach as a disinfectant; this cleans and decontaminates the inner parts of the washer.
Clean the drain of the washer
The most delicate part is to clean the drain underneath the washer; if you do not clean the countertop dish well, it could clog; hence the dishes shall not be cleaned appropriately
The countertop dishwasher is one excellent washer and is distinct from other washers in so many ways, we have looked at how it saves upon cost and minimizes wastage, and we have also looked at how it takes the least amount of space in the kitchen hence making room for other activities to take place in the kitchen.
It also comes with a warranty that enables one to return it when it becomes defective and how to clean it after usage. This is the right dishwasher for anyone looking into buying a dishwasher for the households as it comes with many merits.